Friday, December 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Alden seems to have a real empathetic nature. He anticipates what a person may like to have on a special day and is determined to get it for them. He and Dustin went out on Sunday to gather up balloons, flowers, and candy for me since they had forced me (out of pure excitement on their part) to open my mother's day gifts the day before. Alden made me breakfast with a banana, carrots, juice box - the mermaid kind because I'm a lady - and Dots for dessert.
We then spent the rest of the day in the sun on a beach in La Jolla. Resting, relaxing, playing, napping. At this point, Dustin and I were the only ones who know that we are pregnant so it was sweet to know that I was going to be mother all over again in December and have it be our little secret.
Dustin continues to be a great role model for Alden as he teaches him how to treat people that we love and especially how to treat a lady. I am very lucky and grateful for these two guys. They remind me how to accept love, too!

No comments: