Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LA Vacay

Thanks to my cousin, Mark, and his new wife, Laurie, who were getting married in Louisiana in May, we got our first family vacation. Just 24 hours after moving into our new place in Seattle, we boarded a plane to the hottest place in North America: Lafayette, Louisiana. We arrived in the still of the night, rested, and then we got directly into the hotel pool. Aside from going to the wedding and being at the following pictures' locations, we stayed in the pool or laying down. Best. Vacation. Ever.
Eating fried food at The Bon Creole
Eating fried food at The Pelican... I tried the frog legs. Hey, I never said I didn't eat amphibian.
Blunt. But why? Maybe a patron or two got tipsy and fell into the croc infested water? I'll bet that's it. So, no, I won't sit.
The two July 24th birthday kids! Great grandma Shirley and baby Alden.
Sugar cane fields
Paying via a paddle fitted with a close pin to tack down money and receipt. Even the natives don't like sticking their arms out in the heat.
Tabasco barrel covered with salt from Avery Island. That barrel is better preserved than I am!

Lady Killaz (their rap name)
This church was beautiful and the ceremony was epic. Fairly short for a Catholic wedding which Alden appreciated. :)

No comments: