Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ranunculus Fields Forever

Dustin earned some powerful son-in-law points for suggesting that we all go an visit the ranunculus fields in Carlsbad when my mom was visiting for her third trip to San Diego. What better way to spend a Sunday than to visit these magnificent fields that go on for days? I'm not much of a gardener but I can appreciate the beauty in these. 
It was great to be on the tractor ride with my mom and ask, "What's your favorite flower, mom?" and hear, "The ranunculus!!!" That's fitting.
Look at the precision and order for each color. I was in color coding heaven.
There is a maze on site and a children flag/mapping hunt amongst other fun things but we were mostly busy just looking and looking at all of the colors. I don't have a great photo of my mom (or one that she would approve of) to share here but she was there. She was happy and adorable in her white, canvas sunhat.

No comments: