Sunday, March 10, 2013

Snow Day 2013

There are many pluses to waking up on New Year's Day sober. The main one is so you can go sledding with your son and his cousins and your in-law's. Just a little over 90 minutes away, we sledded our hearts out at Union Creek amongst the rest of the valley. It was FUN! 
Batman joined me as we trekked through the icy snow.
I have loved sledding since I was little. I love the thrill of going fast and tumbling off the slip of flimsy plastic. I love laughing so hard that I pee a little. I love it even more now that I know Alden loves it, too. He is on my lap here, totally getting sprayed in the face with sharp, biting cold snow crystals. Didn't even faze him.
Waist deep in a snow dug out made by another family. They were so generous to share that and their man made snow track with us. It was a bit off the other very busy and very fast slope that the others were dominating.
Little break for nourishment and to realize just how cold we all were. It was a bit unnerving to go back out to the snow after this. We did it only to come back about 20 minutes later. Alden's hand was frozen in a claw shape... scared him so badly. I hid my laughter as I carried him back to the car for the second time. 
Playing it safe... 



No comments: