Friday, March 12, 2010

And All That Yaz

Because I can't post pictures (it's a looong and boring story but it will be over soon), I have to try to NOT ONLY talk and show photos about the glory of Alden. A topic that has been brewing in my noggin for a couple of days is the current Yaz commercials on T.V.
Yaz is a birth control pill that is specifically helpful to those that suffer from PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) which sounds like PMS's crazy older step-sister. I do believe in the product and, to be clear, I am not making light of what these particular women (and those that love them) must endure monthly. I AM, however, making fun of the current commercial they have depicting various gals - the token redhead included - doing wacky but liberating things. Things like changing in the back of a taxi cab, falling back into a filled bubble bath, cutting bangs into long hair, and painting a huge studio orange. You know, you're run of the mill young, fun, totally girly stuff! But if you mute the commercial and just watch these ladies with a little skepticim (as I am ALWAYS wont to do)you might see this type of behavior as disturbing and indicative of exactly what they are taking the pill for.
Watch it. Judge it. Join me.

No comments: