Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Half Year


Six months, two teef, and lots of squealing later, Alden is practically applying for college. His hairs are getting longer, his eyes are a different shade of green-blue-brown-grey every day, and his disposition is sunnier as he ages. He has always been happy and very engaging but he seems more comfortable in his body. Especially since that body is 17 pounds and one ounce now. Dang, Alden, you workin' out?

He communicates pretty effectively and it doesn't take tears and full-on melt downs to get his message across any more. The solid food experience is rather predictable... rice cereal is good. Peas = baaaaad. So bad, in fact, there was a food strike for the next two days. Hey, I wouldn't trust me either if I pulled a fast one like that.

When he sleeps, it is soundly and when he is awake it is loudly. He is one of my favorite people and that's not just because I helped make him.

2 comments:

Sy and Shaunna said...

Seriously, so in love with this little man. I am so proud of all his accomplishments!

K-Falls Smith Family said...

He is such a cutie.....can't wait to meet him...looks like he is full of good times!