Friday, January 15, 2010

Here We Go to the Property Prop.

Over the Christmas weekend, my dad took my sister, her fiance, and my family up to the property he and my mom had bought in the early seventies. I hadn't been up to see it for over 15 years (there was a horrible bee swarm/attack that scared me from it) and it looked soooo different than how my memory pictured it.

It didn't help make me feel any younger, by any means. This was the inside of a little trailer we would nestle in during the summer visits.
It was a bit sad to see something so worn out and ripped apart. I felt like it represented something far bigger than a childhood memory... like my childhood itself. Heavy stuff, right? It helped to have my sister there to joke and reminisce with.


Davey Crockett himself drinking a fancy-schmancy coffee...
Two generations of hillbilly.

1 comment:

merrittgade said...

I love it up there with snow. The "cabin" looks smaller than I remember. So many memories...