Friday, June 5, 2009

Week 34 and Still Going Strong

Not lookin' to shabby, I'd say. Dustin holds up well under the mounting pressure of becoming a father. I like how he is bending his knees to support his enormous belly. Nice touch.

Now, me on the other hand... this picture was taken 2 weeks ago and stuff has changed even in that brief amount of time. The baby is now gaining approximately an ounce a day which may not seem that significant. And I suppose it wouldn't be if the baby were, say, on the OUTSIDE of my body. But it isn't on the outside. It is in there moving, rolling, punching, and gouging away. What a fascinating and exhausting process.

Now that we are really drawing to a close on the pregnancy (just four weeks to go by the time I post this) I want to get a poll of who thinks we are having a boy or a girl and when they think it'll come. Post a comment on this, please, if you have the time. Just about every waitress in town thinks I'm having a boy but, as we have tested nearly all of the old wives tales, we are having a She-Him or Shim. The results are always inconclusive or, when tested for the second time, the opposite of the first results.

1 comment:

merrittgade said...

I say they baby is a girl and will arrive on the due date calmly at 10am.