Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Color IS That, Anyway?

We've painted our house as of late.

Rather, it is mostly painted and some siding added.

We are against the elements here with fall coming on (read: rain until next March) so we were forced to "winterize" our new windows. Mostly, we couldn't stomach the idea of coming home to a place that resembled a summer squash for the next season of dreary, gloomy rain.
Our reviews so far:
"Thank God. That thing was hideous before."
"Well, it's different."
"No, I like it."
"Hmmm, what color IS that, anyway?"
So, now I'd like you to tell us what you think. This is like the time I bleached my hair white/blond and NO ONE stopped me. I was going to do it regardless but I could have benefited from the resentment I would have had for those that tried to stop me while doing it. Which would have fueled the fire for LOVING the results even if it wasn't totally what I had in mind what with the patches of hair that broke off ON TOP of my head. So, really, don't be shy because I, for one, am not getting back on that ladder to change it anyway but we'd like to know just how far off we are.

2 comments:

mahlett76 said...

I like it. Gray can be blah, but it sure doesn't look blah on your house. This particular dark gray is especially nice. The white trim pops and the orange/rust doors bring the modern. Gray makes for a sleek backdrop for colorful landscaping. Every other color will look great with it (bright grass, subtle lilacs, orange tulips, etc.). Even dead stuff will look nice. Then, upon entering your house, the balance of color and neutral will be reiterated. Nice work!

Megasmiles Personalized goodies! said...

LOVE it...and is that grass I see??? It is looking so great! GO YOU!!!