Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Spray Painting Injuries and Those That Suffer From Them

The muscles in my forearm have been strained... from overuse... due to spray painting. I didn't know that one should be advised to ice down post spray painting session. Sure, I had been working at the task of sanding, priming, and spray painting every surface of an old art deco metal cabinet. I had this project spaced out over a week so that there would be proper drying time but I hadn't seen an injury taking place because of that.
Jeez. I was whining by day two, well, rather, the morning of day three. I woke up with both of my hands curled up in rigid claws with which to wrap around a spray can once again. I had trouble typing, putting in my contacts, brushing my hair, etc. Ridiculous! I am both embarrassed and in awe that one can have such a reaction to work. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I don't like workin' and if I had the full use of my digits, I'd show just how much I don't like it.

No comments: