Sunday, January 12, 2014

1st Day of Preschool

It's funny when you take your only kid to preschool for the first day. You're excited. You're sad. You're proud. You're nervous. And that's just for you! Even after spending nearly every hour of every day together for the past four years and two months, it all feels like it went so fast. The three block walk to his new school was waaaaay to short, too.
 
But, as my mom-in-law reminded me a couple of years ago, we aren't raising a child, we are raising an adult. It's time for him to go to preschool.  He's ready (even though Alden did admit he will miss me). As I am posting this four months later, he is getting along quite well in school. He likes his classmates and his teachers. He loves the activities they set out each morning when we drop him off and he hardly ever wants to leave when I pick him up four hours later.
Plus, I mean, c'mon. Look at this school photo.

No comments: