Friday, January 18, 2013

Zippy 34th Birthday

With only a zipper as a clue, Dustin was stumped as to what we were doing for his birthday. 

The folks at Rogue Valley Zipline were fantastic to play with. Funny, high energy, informative, and calm. I was all of those except for calm. Giving this as a gift is one thing but being there with Dustin is another. I didn't think about that when I was talking his family into chipping in for his ticket for his birthday. I didn't picture myself zipping along at hair blowing speeds plenty of feet off of the ground.



It was exhilarating and, after the third zip, I actually opened my eyes. 

Dustin, on the other hand, was comfortable using no hands and falling off  of the platform backwards. We tend to disagree on relaxedness.
Dustin's handle was "Red Squirrel". I don't remember mine. Something to do with peeing my pants, I'm sure. 

No comments: