Friday, December 18, 2009

Curtastophe

The good news is that we placed Curtis in a new home. The home of a sweet, young family with a girlfriend dog for Curtis to snuggle with and over six fenced acres for him to roam. Plus, and this is a huge plus, the man in the family LOVES to duck hunt. We all know that Curt has the interest in fowl... from poop to pond! We are so happy and excited for him.
... and so sad for ourselves. I have been tearing up and full on bawling for over two weeks now. I miss him terribly and loathe that we had to come to this decision. But, in truth, it is best. We don't have the kind of house or yard where this kind of pooch can live out his full potential. I am terribly impressed with his spirit and willingness to learn and love.

I will always regard Curtis as our practice baby. He taught us a great deal of patience, enthusiasm, and helped me exercise during my looooong pregnancy. He was there when I told Dustin we were expecting, he sniffed my baby bump every morning in wonder, and he accepted Alden right away. Curtis will remain here in my memories and heart forever.

Still life by Curtis.

No comments: