Friday, November 6, 2009

Puppets! Git Yer Fresh, Hot Puppets Here!

As a freshman, I remember being extremely disappointed with the options that were offered at a career fair hosted at our high school. As an alternative aspiration, I declared that I wanted to be a puppeteer. Now, sixteen years and several career paths later, I am making personalized puppets for those that like a little flair in their gift giving. I've been making these for close friends and family for 2 years and now I am taking them globally. Help me populate with personalized puppets, please.
  • Do you know someone who would appreciate a personalized puppet of themselves or someone they love?
  • Do you know a child or spouse that could use a personalized puppet to teach them things like how to be brave, how to take a nap, or how to replace the roll of toiler paper?
  • Do you have some bad news to tell someone and don't have the heart to do it yourself?
  • Do you have a friend that has everything and you're stumped on a gift to give them?
Give the gift of puppet. Personalized, of course.

Lookalike Puppet Model: $25 total
The sock puppet will have the following:
  • skin color of choice
  • hair color of choice
  • eye color of choice
  • moving mouth
  • shirt in your preference of color
  • bendable arms (NEWEST FEATURE)



Mirror Image Puppet Model: $35 total
The sock puppet will have the above AND the following:
  • shirt embroidered with an initial or simple design
  • sequined eyes
  • something of interest to hold




Dead Ringer Puppet Model: $55 total
The sock puppet will have the above AND the following:
  • body art (arms only, others depending on complicity)
  • piercings (ears, nose, possibly others)
  • bendable hair (NEWEST FEATURE)


Mini-Them Puppet Model: $7 total



To get the ball rolling, I require:
  1. a picture of the person's face, up close and personal with descriptions of hair and eye color
  2. a brief description of the person's attributes and personality that I am capturing
  3. any pictures of the top notch stuff (tattoos specifically)
Lastly, if you are wanting a puppet that will actually be played with a lot, say by a child, I am limited to using only felt, thread, foam sheet, and glue on the puppet. These styles of puppets are made more durably so that parts and pieces remain affixed to the puppet though they should be examined before and after play time for steadfastness. If the puppet is intended for adult use and care, depending on your person that I am puppeting, I may use felt, paint, beads, foam sheet, embroidery thread, and adhesives. I am not limited to those materials and will discuss new options with you.

If you are interested, leave an inquiry in my email puppetnow@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Megasmiles Personalized goodies! said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! You are going to do sooo freaking great with these!! Conner and Colby have not put their puppets down, since their return!! You are so talented and soon the whole world will see what amazing things you have to offer. You will begin bringin' in the bacon so fast you will have to put orders on hold!!

All my love,
Meg

Bekster said...

Sister of mine! You are nothing short of GENIUS. I love your puppets and your career aspirations. I love my Bekki Eating Burrito puppet. Next up? Olliepants! These must go on Etsy.com very very soon. So excited for you and about you!