Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Say Love, It Is a Sander

Dustin and I, the people of non-gifting, ESPECIALLY on nationally recognized holidays, have broken our own rules this Valentine's Day. Pretty sure that it's with the realization that we are in our waning days of JUST US FOREVER as I have become very sentimental, causing me to buy a montage picture frame and filling it with old pictures from our couple hood. With decorative papers, no less. While I was busy channeling Martha Stewart, Dustin, as usual, blows my gift OUT OF WATER with the simple purchase of a hand-held orbital sander. This guy totally gets me. Practical yet sentimental. Others may be put off by this unusual gift but, speaking as someone in the beginning stages of nesting, that sander is the acknowledgment that we are having a baby and that baby needs funky-made-functional furniture, STAT.

No comments: