Sunday, December 29, 2013

July Visit from Grandma Cynthia

There is a lot of great things to say about San Diego. People come here for vacations and weddings and to celebrate big moments in life. We are lucky enough to live here. As I am writing this post (currently near January of 2014), we have had over 7 different sets of guests come to visit us and this beautiful place.
My mom was the first to visit. She admitted that if it weren't for Alden, she would have waited a little longer to say hello. Privately, I think the super sun and the healing power of vitamin D might have something to do with it, too. Whatever.
She may have come to visit her only grandchild but she'll come back for the spaztastically amazing warm waffle ice cream sandwich (see it in the wrapped at her right elbow) served only in Ocean Beach. I've been eyeballing them for years now since we last lived here but didn't want to pig out on one by my lonesome. So, before we tried one each (I made an exception to my non-dairy rule) and it was worth it. I nearly wept. Mom started texting people about it immediately.
Ok, and then the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile rolls up? I'm surprised mom didn't sign a lease right then. San Diego rocks.

1 comment:

csa said...

Dang, what is that bright, warmly glowing lighting effect?! My temp. has inched up just viewing these photos (from my dark, chilly apt. In Oregon). Fun in the sun, alright!