Monday, November 5, 2012

My Dad's Side: Family Reunion

My sisters and I were born and raised in Grants Pass and yet, I've never been to a family reunion on my dad's side until now. Apparently, we all like to craft things and create. It's a genius idea that everyone who can donates items to be silently auctioned off to other family members to raise money for the next reunion. A sort of cannibalistic craft cycle. Call it: craftabalism.





It was a pleasure to meet some of these people. But not all of them. Sheesh. What a wind bag that old lady was. Kidding. Everyone was sweet and pleasant and very interested in where Alden got his red hair. Certainly not from them. Them with their dark eyes, tanned skin, and dark hair.

Aunt Sally and Opa Ray are in the front with their backs to me but the rest of the folks are bewildering strangers. Then Alden ran through the crowd. Folks were interested in who I was after that.


It's endearing to know that most of these folks live here in town and that I might see them again someday. I have second and third cousins and aunts and uncles that are helpful, courteous and kind. Forget how the red hair genes travel, how do you explain my dad being in that mix?
Again with the kidding.

No comments: