Friday, August 24, 2012

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

To the bone, I am a fall person. I like rain. I like chilly. After this past wet winter, I haven't been so happy to see the sun in ages. The notorious leak that has plagued Alden's room for over 3 years now is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-ack. And it has brought a little friend.

This is Dustin getting the syphon going to drain the water from the pool/roof. It is a sad, thankless job. One that causes angry outbursts followed by long moments of silence broken by stifled sobs. From all of us. It's like trying to potty train a dog. Just. Go. Where. I. Am. Telling. You. To. Go. No, not on the roof. No. NO!


Not to be outdone, the leak has now spread to the other side of Alden's room wall into our hallway.

Before you comment about how this post seems oddly timed as we've just experienced a week of 100 plus degrees a day, note that I am trying to catch up after having been drug under the bus of summer.

No comments: