Monday, December 12, 2011

Gettin' My Hairs Did

Growing up and, until about 5 years ago, I knew that I probably wasn't going to have children but - in the event that I change my mind - I did know that I wanted to have long, rock and roll, sexy mom hair. I loved the long golden mane of a mom of some family friends had. Suzie could totally pull of the look. Me? Not so much. But I tried it anyway for a couple of years.

I've run the gamut of hair styles and colors. I've done permed bangs (thank you, second grade), I've had the obligatory mullet (thank you, fourth grade), I've tried razor cuts, near crew cuts, faux hawks, bottle blond (thank you, hair crumbling off at the top on my head at 19), bangs part two (no thanks, twenty-two), henna, braids, blah, blah, blah. Each style fit for the time and I was mostly happy with the results. Mostly.

But now I am super pumped!

No comments: