Thursday, March 10, 2011

Filing Petition

Now that I have my very own red headed babe, I am keenly aware of how many negative stereotypes there are about them. The sayings, "I was (fill in the blank) like a red headed step-child" or "Hey, carrot top, why so red?" are mean and ineffective as I know plenty of folks treated poorly by family no matter what their hair color not to mention that carrot tops are technically green. The villan in most kids books are freckly, pale, menacing red haired little boys while red haired little girls are cast as adorable yet quirkily unpopular. Click here to see what I mean.
Well, if you know Alden, you know that he is far from mean spirited or unpopular. He gives red heads a new beginning.

1 comment:

MerrittGade said...

It's just because they're so rare and special that it has made the regulars jealous.

Not to mention that some of our favorite people (Mom, Aunt Chris, & Aunt Terri) are all glorious shades of red.

And red hair is actually more orange-y, which is great considering orange is your favorite color.