Monday, July 6, 2009

Technically Full Term

Last Wednesday, July 1st, we were deemed full term. Anything after 37 weeks is good to go. The doctor claims that the babe is approximately 7 pounds and growing at just the right pace. It's head is LOW and it is in the right position for delivery (down and facing my tail bone) and I can attest to that personally. It has just been in the past 2 weeks that this shit is getting uncomfortable. I whine a lot and can't seem to sit still for longer than 5 minutes without some sort of pain, pressure, pinch, push either from me or the baby. Sleep is a distance memory as my waking thoughts are of this little person that we are soon to meet. It is difficult to wrap our minds around the fact that the birth is a huge, inevitable thing now and that we really have no idea of WHEN it is going to happen or HOW it is going to happen. Save your comforting words of "it'll be fine" and "you are prepared". We know, we know. But we are also first timers at this and pretty friggin' excited. C'mon, baby, enough already. Come out and meet us. I swear we are waaaaay cooler than people are saying.
(I'll update with pictures later... computer/camera match up is on the fritz).

No comments: