Sunday, December 28, 2008

All Things Concrete

Don't get me wrong, I typically have faith in Dustin and his creative process. Very few times has he come up with an idea that doesn't work out (barring his movie choices... believe me, I have outside support on this). Examples of things that have worked out: renting the loft in Seattle, buying the Fiat with our last paycheck for 2 months, getting married, moving to San Diego, tearing off the awning on our new house, etc. That still doesn't stop me from getting paranoid when he becomes very quiet and stares into space for an twenty minutes and then gets up abruptly asking where he can find an exact-o knife, a stick of gum, and two match sticks. I believe that support in your partner is the glue in a relationship. And so we now have...

He created a concrete wall between our living room and kitchen. It is smooth, with tiny cracks that create a visual texture amidst the faded chicken wire backing.

And I'll be damned if he wasn't right. It does frame the kitchen and lead the eye to all things concrete. Well played, sir, well played.

No comments: